Tuesday 27 September 2011

WIP: Digital painting is really really hard.

So I finally decided to try digital painting again after a year.
The last time I painted, I got really frustrated and took a break from my work. Unfortunately, I lost my tablet which discouraged me from doing any digital work altogether.

this painting started off as Kaito...but somehow he turned into Miku during the process.
... Maybe I should have started with glazing first instead of trying to do something I'm not used to.
T u T
...and now I'm getting a little frustrated again. 
how the heck do people paint hair?
Any tips? Any suggestions or insight is really appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. ......YOUR STUFF asfvdfsdkhgfgdgh

    Idk about tips.. maybe the dark areas of her hair are a little too dark? D: (it depends on what effect you want to achieve)I'm not good enough to give tips and hair orz.... endless frustration max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mihochi
    Thanks for the advice! :D
    I think I'm just going to keep attacking the hair in different ways until I finally kill it.
    OTL
    frustration max indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.O LOVE your illustration style! It's gorgeous. Hair is always tricky...I just use a bunch of different lines to make it seem like hair. Not the best tip giver am I but that's the best I can think of. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Erin
    awwww, thanks! ;u;
    I think I'll try that with my next painting study, haha! maybe a more painterly style would be more suitable for me! thanks!

    ReplyDelete